In Fall 2020, Chicago Children’s Choir will offer unparalleled virtual programs that allow students to connect beyond our city’s limits, experience essential camaraderie and elevate music performances beyond the traditional stage. Based on health guidelines at the time, CCC may resume in-person instruction in Spring 2021.
The 2020-21 program year runs September 8, 2020 through June 10, 2021 and includes:
- Two rehearsals per week via Zoom* (2.5 hours/week)
- Promotees meet an additional hour/week during first 8 week session
- Encore & Encore Groove meet an additional up to 1.5 hours/week
- Four or eight week Arts Enrichment Sessions (1 hour/week) offering singers an opportunity to explore a wide range of topics including music from specific regions of the world, choreography, musicianship and theory
- One 8-week small group music theory tutoring session (30 minutes/week)
- One 8-week small group vocal technique session (1 hour/week)
- Access to online resources for self-directed learning
- Participation in virtual choir video productions
*Singers are expected to attend rehearsals for their ensembles. We understand planned and unplanned absences will occur from time to time. Having no more than five total absences in the first semester (September 8, 2020 – February 6, 2021) will allow singers to maintain a meaningful experience. Singers who exceed the absences allotted may be placed on a leave of absence.
Voice of Chicago is our premier mixed-voice ensemble, maintaining an extensive performance schedule that includes touring and collaborations with Chicago’s finest cultural institutions.
Members of Voice of Chicago have performed for former President and Secretary of State Clinton, former South African President Nelson Mandela and His Holiness the XIVth Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso. Additionally, they have performed with celebrities such as Luciano Pavarotti, Samuel Ramey, Andrea Bocelli and Bobby McFerrin.
Voice of Chicago has toured to over 25 nations on five continents, including: Italy, Cuba, South Africa, India, Argentina, Uruguay and South Korea.
Voice of Chicago is presented by Allstate.
Click here to learn about Voice of Chicago tuition.
Auditions for the 2020-2021 Voice of Chicago season have been completed. Auditions for the 2021-2022 season will take place in May/June 2021. Click here to learn more about joining a Neighborhood Choir.