In Fall 2020, Chicago Children’s Choir will offer unparalleled virtual programs that allow students to connect beyond our city’s limits, experience essential camaraderie and elevate music performances beyond the traditional stage. Based on health guidelines at the time, CCC may resume in-person instruction in Spring 2021.
The Neighborhood Choir program provides beginning and intermediate choral training to 900 students through programs in 11 Chicago neighborhoods.
The 2020-21 program year runs September 8, 2020 through June 10, 2021 and includes:
- One ensemble rehearsal per week via Zoom (1 hour/week)
- Four 8-week Arts Enrichment Sessions (1 hour/week) offering singers an opportunity to explore a wide range of topics including music from specific regions of the world, choreography, musicianship and theory
- One 8-week small group music theory tutoring session (30 minutes/week)
- One 8-week small group vocal technique session (30 minutes/week*)
- Access to online resources for self-directed learning
- Participation in virtual choir video productions
*Select Presto singers may qualify for 1 hour/week