In Fall 2020, Chicago Children’s Choir will offer unparalleled virtual programs that allow students to connect beyond our city’s limits, experience essential camaraderie and elevate music performances beyond the traditional stage. Based on health guidelines at the time, CCC may resume in-person instruction in Spring 2021.
DiMension is a unique ensemble for singers age 12 and up who are beginning the vocal transition into emerging tenor and baritone voices. This ensemble offers many performance opportunities independently and with other CCC programs.
Singers learn to understand their own voices through ensemble singing, solo opportunities, sight reading and music theory. Training and repertoire are specifically designed for this age and developmental level, including diverse styles and a special emphasis on musicality, movement and expression.
The 2020-21 program year runs September 8, 2020 through June 10, 2021 and includes:
- One ensemble rehearsal per week via Zoom (1-2 hours/week)
- Four 8-week Arts Enrichment Sessions (1 hour/week) offering singers an opportunity to explore a wide range of topics including music from specific regions of the world, choreography, musicianship and theory
- One 8-week small group music theory tutoring session (30 minutes/week)
- One 8-week small group vocal technique session (30 minutes/week*)
- Access to online resources for self-directed learning
- Participation in virtual choir video productions
*Select DiMension singers may qualify for 1 hour/week
Interested in joining?
Younger singers who are experiencing voice change should contact Jackie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2020 to set up a voice placement for the 2020/21 season.
CCC has a long-standing commitment to serving children and families regardless of their financial situation. All programs are heavily discounted through the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations, allowing us to remove a financial barrier to participation.
|2020-21 Sliding Scale Tuition for DiMension|
|Household Income||Monthly Tuition – 8 Months, October through May||Cost per instruction hour (based on regular rehearsals only)||Portion of program cost covered by tuition|
|$25,000 and under||$ 6.25||$ 0.55||3%|
|$25,001 – $50,000||$ 18.75||$ 1.30||8%|
|$50,001 – $75,000||$ 61.25||$ 4.50||27%|
|$75,001 – $100,000||$ 88.75||$ 7.50||45%|
|$100,001 – $175,000||$ 148.75||$ 12.50||75%|
|$175,001 – $250,000||$ 173.15||$ 14.60||87%|
|$250,001 and above||$ 198.15||$ 16.70||100%|